Thread: [SOLD] Intes MK-67 Mak
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Steffen
Ebotec Alpeht Sicamb

Intes MK-67 Mak

For sale is my Intes MK-67 OTA, as follows:
  • Intes MK-67 Rutten-Maksutov (RuMak) OTA. It is 6" f/12 with 1800mm focal length.
  • Intes 2" mirror diagonal and Intes 2" extension tube
  • Original Intes 2" Crayford-style focuser
  • White Vixen tube rings (2671), Vixen dovetail plate (2661) and Vixen accessory plate (3548)
  • Original Intes mounting plate and carry handle
  • WO-style red dot finder
  • Original nylon semi-hard case
Notes:
The scope, being a Rutten-Maksutov type, has both primary and secondary mirrors mounted in a collimatable cell. The secondary collimation screws are currently hex socket screws, but I also include matching Bob's Knobs and the original slit screws. The front cap will fit regardless of which collimation screws are installed.

I have the scope mounted in tube rings, which seem more stable and trustworthy to me, but I also include the original mounting plate that attaches to the OTA via four small screws. It has three threaded holes for attaching dovetail bars (not included).

I modified the Vixen accessory plate with a few extra holes to accommodate a finder scope bracket and the included red dot finder.

I also drilled and tapped four holes in the Vixen dovetail plates for grub screws, in order to assist with cone error reduction if desired.

The OTA is flocked with Proto-Star flock board, which is about as good as it gets.

This scope is of legendary optical quality, it routinely resolves sub-arcsecond doubles whenever the seeing allows. It is easy to collimate (using star images or an artificial star) and holds collimation well.

I'm asking $850 shipped within mainland AU.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0942.jpg)
178.9 KB177 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0940.jpg)
176.9 KB137 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0938.jpg)
165.4 KB120 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0944.jpg)
198.3 KB149 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0946.jpg)
192.7 KB129 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0949.jpg)
127.0 KB114 views

Last edited by Steffen; 12-02-2018 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Included shipping