View Single Post
Old 17-02-2019, 08:56 PM
OuterObsession (Jameson)

Thanks for the feedback,

It uses system time which has the provisions to store .00 resolution. Of course you're still left with the task of ensuring the system time is actually accurate.

I haven't done any extensive research into the accuracy of time servers but I probably won't read too much into .00 accuracy...

I like suggestion 2 a lot. I was considering in a future version of the app to have all data/information for an event stored in a single file. If something interesting happens you could press a button or something and it would append a comment/timestamp to the data file.

Also with accuracy most laptops in the field don't have access to internet so you relient on them syncing the time before hand.

But as you said the human reaction time makes the additional accuracy pointless. Also the voice synthesiser has a unpredictable delay, in my tests the smallest delay before voice played was around a second. The .00 seconds was more for effect then anything.

I'll take a look at XOJO.

For mobile I'll probably end up just creating native apps (mainly as a programming exercise)

A self contained app for OSX would be nice though.