View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 01:14 PM
gregbradley

I looked at the Rosette Luminance. That's tilt. You don't have coma in all 4 corners but rather only 2 left and right top and bottom.

My advise is to get rid of the CAA. That's what the difference is between the EDX111 and the EDXiv. It was replaced with a solid casting. The CAA is not good enough.

An alternative is to replace the whole FSQ focuser with a Feathertouch 3515. They make a specific focuser replacement for the FSQ.

Tak brought out EDX1-4 in an attempt to fix these sorts of problems. If you send it back to Tak they are likely to tell you the scope is within design parameters.

Having a tilt adapter is not going to help if the flex is coming from the CAA in front of it.

Another point. The lock focus lever on the EDX scopes is defective. If you engage it you will get a shift of focus. You either don't use it at all or have it half engaged, focus then fully engage and it won't shift focus.

I have had an EDX111 myself I bought new and also an FSQ106N which had a much sturdier focuser and a simple but problem free focus lock.

Tak may be great for optics but they are no AP or Feathertouch for focusers.

Greg.