View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 01:49 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Hi again Nick.

I have to thank you for the thought and effort you've put into these responses. And I have to apologise as well because I obviously did not make it clear that when I spoke about the hilltop installation being isolated and remote, I meant to say - and obviously should have said - there is no connection between the house and the hill. None, zip, nada. So we have at least eliminated that source of trouble/risk.

What are your thoughts about the efficacy of the half-dozen earthing poles I have on the turbine pole and the shed - the shed contains the battery bank and the inverter plus the charge controllers etc.

The earthing is via a bus-bar to which the inverter and battery bank negative poles are connected to the ground pole beside the shed.

The solar panels are also earthed and have their own ground pole. I forgot to mention that one - so that makes it 7 all up.

The turbine pole has 5 ground poles - one on the pole itself and one each on the 4 sets of guy wires. I had originally thought I might connect them all up into a sort of Faraday cage but by the time I got to that stage I was pretty sick of digging trenches.

Peter