View Single Post
Old 25-11-2005, 06:00 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Hey that's awesome David, I wonder if RB will make me one of those?

I tested out the wireless RC-1 remote last night. I'm very happy with it.. for what I want to use it for, it's perfect.

You have to set the firing mode on the camera to self-timer/remote.

The remote has a 3-way switch, "off", "1" and "2".

When in the "1" position, you press it and the camera will autofocus (if in AF mode) and then fire the shutter. So there will be some lag between pressing it and it actually firing. In MF mode it's obviously much quicker. If the camera is in "Bulb" mode, press the remote button once and it starts capturing.. press it again and it stops. So that will be great for my milkyway widefield shots.

When in the "2" position, it functions exactly as above, except there's a 2-sec self-timer after pressing the remote, so it gives you time to hide the remote (if a self-portrait/group shot).

As for remote position, sometimes it worked from behind the camera. 99% of the time it worked from the side of the camera, and 100% of the time it worked from in front of the camera. So as far as I'm concerned, there's no issue with the IR remote positioning.

The only downfall from my point of view, is that you can't use continuous shooting mode with this remote.

Hope that helps you in your choice Simon!