View Single Post
Old 29-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Red Nine (Evan)

Hi all,
I recently purchased a 5x Powermate to go with my 550D with the hope of taking some planetary shots. I have a 12inch Skywatcher, so I'm effectively using the same setup as you Tom.

I've only been able to use it for around 45minutes in the past week since it's arrival due to the consistently poor weather. However, I was able to get to focus (not perfectly given I was rushed, but it looked fine on the 3" screen, it was only once on the computer it was clear it was out...). I was able to put it out of focus both inwards and outwards, so you shouldn't have any issues with it.

Unfortunately, I've only been able to use it for such a short period of time, and being my first attempt, the images were pretty poor. However, it was a lovely set up to use, especially when I added it to my 2.5x Powermate.

I needed to purchase the TV Powermate adapter, which fits perfectly with the t-ring and the power mate. All goes together very nicely.

Wish I could provide some more information on the results, but I'm hoping I'll be able to upload something soon. Let me know if you have any further questions.