Thread: Hanging Maxim
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2012, 08:23 AM
pvelez (Pete)

THis is becoming curiouser and curiouser. For those who came in late...

I've been using Maxim DL as my imaging program for a couple of years now. Recently I started using CCD Autopilot. I found that on a pier flip I was unable to keep guiding. Thinking the issue was with outdated software, I downloaded the latest version of Maxim - 5.23 from memory. I also updated TSX.

Now I find that Maxim hangs when guiding. I can take a few images happily and then everything locks up - Maxim ceases to respond and I need to shut it down, restart, recalibrate etc. I've been able to trace it to Maxim using the log in CCDAP.

I've eliminated hardware issues. I have the same issue with both the Atik Titan and SSAG. I have swapped USB cables and have used both ASCOM pulse guiding and guider relays.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I am left with 3 options - its the updated Maxim, updated TSX or the combination of the 2.

My inclination is to roll-back Maxim and see if it remains an issue. However I bought a one-off upgrade when I updated the software and am not sure how to roll it back. Any tips on how to do this would be appreciated.

My other thought is that it might be a feature of TSX. The updated version now supports guiding and capture - though its not as full featured as Maxim. Perhaps something in the architecture of the new version gets in the way of Maxim.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this

Pete