View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 07:31 AM
RyanJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Watch out Ryan the PI guys will give you an argument about what they consider approved standard model colourisation. I agree 100% that how you choose to represent your image is entirely up to you..because astrophotography is an art form. Heck no one really knows anyway. But that will drive some people crazy, they will want to normalise you.
Haha. I know what you mean. As I said in my title, this particular piece is very much an artistic expression of Rosette and not what I normally aim for. I have no doubt the discussion about what is right will last as long as the stars. I think the really contentious one is starless images. My take on that is that as long as the gases are represented correctly, that form can also be scientific if the interest being represented is the wavefronts or dispersion of the gases where starless allows you to view that more clearly. I’ve described it before as like taking X-rays of the body where your interest is the bones. The less of everything else you can see the better and I don’t think anyone argues that X-rays are art