View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Thanks Kevin
Re clouds- I just took a look at your location when you whinged about clouds- "Cloudy Mackay"

I guess you probably haven't seen comet ISON yet either. It better hurry up & brighten as its only got a few weeks to go till perihilion. Mag 9ish now is simply not good enough *Sigh* right now is the last chance us southerners will get to visually observe it with the moon out the way. So you better do some serious talking to some rain gods or something! Who'd have thought Comet Lovejoy would out perform Ison at the moment- especially as Lovejoy is actually further away!

Thank you Matt!
That possum would've been a mentally scarred possum if it came any closer! . Man, they just jump and run out of nowhere! One day I was observing with a few other people right up beside the house on the concrete, and this random (!) possum came out of nowhere- no noise did it make- and planted itself right by my foot! Other two people were too busy talking to notice and they saw the look of fear on me alongside a massive *gasp* and looked down. Something to the tunes of "oh cute little thing yadda yadda" and started hand feeding it. What possum is so forward to do all those things and I'm in suburbia! If I was alone and that happened (cause that like scarred me for life in the dark), nothing about that whole incident would've been pretty. I like possums- they just need to keep their distance in the dark. I do go all goo-goo-ga-ga tho when I see babies with their parents tho- so sweet!

Hurry up and get onto comet Lovejoy while the moons out the way- it's so easy to spot. Sounds like you're way overdue for a comet! You can catch up on sleep whenever . Take a leaf out of my book- I last went to sleep on friday night and now it's 1.30am Monday morning- Extreme astronomy. Oh, I just yawned- there's a good sign!