View Single Post
Old 31-01-2017, 01:27 AM
luka
Unregistered User

Hi Nico,
I don't know how the commercial cameras deal with the charge accumulation as I never had a commercial camera before (just DSLRs). Anyone else?

Modification of the ASCOM code seems simple enough, just not sure what is the best way to do it. See the quoted Grim's post below, he suggests to do a bias before shooting if there is more than 30 seconds between the shots. Would this be OK? I can probably add an adjustable gap instead of fixed 30 seconds between images to trigger the bias-before-imaging.

Note that doing a bias shot before exposure would add 2 seconds reading time to each shoot (probably shorter if 2x2 binning is used for the bias?).

I am curious, which imaging software are you using now? How do you do a short exposure before a real one?

Here are translations of Grim's old posts from the Ukrainian forums describing what is happening:
Post 2030:
Quote:
This occurs for the following reason. When any simple charge accumulates in the sensor.
The firmware provides cleansing it in the formation of the frame pulse SUB. The method works, but not completely. We need to do a single frame preview frame "empty" before shooting. then it is becoming normal. This also applies to other versions of the cameras.
It seems that along with vakula be able to solve the problem.
Post 2064:
Quote:
This trouble can be overcome in a soft-ASCOM driver, ie, in the case of chamber idle (say more than 30 seconds) to automatically take Bias before exposure. But it is already in the track. version.
Luka