Thread: Which Filters
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 06:41 PM
jase (Jason)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avandonk View Post
Finally I have decided to go for broke literally and get the full set HA,OIII and SII with 3nm spectral width. I am more interested in 'real' nebula colours than artificial pallettes. This may change with time.
Good stuff Bert. I think you'll find you'll be doing narrowband imaging much sooner than expected. I had the pleasure of remotely operating a 16" ASA working at F/3.6. The scope sucked in photons like there was no tomorrow, alas it was located under moderately light polluted skies of Houston, Texas. Combination of sky glow and the speed of the scope made it extremely complex to do any RGB work. Narrowband made it bearable though major gradients continued to exist and made for considerable processing effort. The scope is currently being moved to rural skies so I'm hoping the set up will deliver considerably improved results. Whatever you can do to control local lighting will be to your advantage. Not much you can do about the greater sky glow, other than take your set up to darker skies. If you have the opportunity to do so, I'm certain the data from this set up will be nothing short of remarkable.