View Single Post
Old 17-06-2018, 09:55 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec35 View Post
Beautiful Andy! I think you've done a fine job. The colour and detail is spectacular.

Cheers

Steve
Thanks Steve, appreciate your feedback, cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheart View Post
Beautiful!
Very well composed!
Congratulations Andy.
Cheers,
Tim
Cheers Tim! Truthfully, composition is my thing - I spend ages working out FOV, camera rotation angles etc. testing as I go.
The last thing I want to do is spend 20+ hrs on an image that I'm not happy with compositionally, as it's too late to fix it later!
Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Spectacular on a grand scale, Andy! At full res there are some odd shaped stars and some odd coloured ones (mustard?) but it's a very cool field.

Cheers,
Rick.
Cheers Rick - mmm I was a bit close to the edges when framing.
Maybe I didn't allow quite enough overlap between frames, and I may also need to revisit the spacer rings between the flattener and the camera -it could be .5 mm out; resulting in some slight coma at the edges, which doesn't help with registration.

As to colour - well if it was taken under dark skies we wouldn't be having this conversation!

But I take your point

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Yeah the field is amazing huh?...pretty well coloured for a HaRGB from the inner burbs of Melbourne, so well done As you say, there looks to be some blue missing, that NGC 6595 area does have some lovely colour in and around it if you can get it to show, so I think darker skies would have helped with overall colour fidelity in general. I really liked your original EE Barnard Ha version though

Mike
Cheers Mike, I concur that maybe this one looks better in Mono.
That being said, shooting RGB under LP does test and hone one's processing skills!

Always learning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
Nice one Andy. I particularly like the swirling dust across the face of the nebula.
Cheers Rodney, there's lots to see and ponder in this field.
Thanks for the nice feedback!