View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 04:55 PM
Bodon (Steve)

SW ED72 How to set up a camera

GDay all.
I normally just view with a 10"newt on an AZEQ6. I do have the ED72 and use it as a finder scope.
Thought Id have a go at taking some pics with the ED72 (this scope does not come with any adapters at all.); so I dove straight in and ordered a guide camera, camera-533mc pro and a ASIAIR. Wont get the cameras for a while. Tad confused on how to set up the main camera with this back focus and ring jargon. I did not purchase a reducer at this time as I just want to get started. The ZWO site has a pic and a tad confused.
The scope at the focus end has a black hole and no threads I can see. So I take it that I unscrew the ring that holds an eyepiece as I then see threads. The pic on the net Im looking at points to the M42-M48 adapter first. Seems narrow? Cant see this doing much at all. Is that correct?

Haven't got one to have a gander at or to play with. Then the 16.5, 21mm extender then camera.
The manual shows 1.25 T Mount goes in first...I think. Any help here to clear things up appreciated. Regards

Last edited by Bodon; 02-08-2022 at 06:31 PM.