View Single Post
Old 15-01-2008, 10:02 PM
coldspace

Thanks Turbo,

The main appeal to me with these cameras is their sensitivity and real time(almost real time) displays of faint objects in colour in bad light pollution environments. I am only visual observer at moment so the video system rather than the CCD camera system appeals to me more at the moment but I may take the odd shot off the video for keeping.I won't need to mess around with polar alignment every time I go out in the back-yard and can leave my scope in the Alt/Az mount. I found out today and seen some images from a guy on the Gold Coast that were spectacular and they were capturing them using a canopus device and laptop and no processing so this is the way I will go. Apparantly light pollution does not seem to worry the Mallincam too much as the inventer took images of the ring Neb. in full sunlight using 16 inch and stacking them. http://mallincam.tripod.com/id30.html. The sensitivity must be very low at 0.0000000002 lux for the colour version with cooling on hyper mode. I have no expertise in these areas but from what I have seen nothing else on the market comes close to the performance of this camera for video use. If anyone has a better idea or a better video camera in colour and cooled for around the same price or cheaper before I part with lots of $ in 4 weeks time let me know so I can do some comparisons.

Thanks Matt.