Thread: EAA guides?
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2022, 11:00 AM
Drac0 (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro744 View Post
Two weeks from 24/6 is 8/7, (Friday) and Moon is Gibbous and getting fuller over that weekend. Any benefits of Bortle 2 skies will be lost in the moonlight at least visually. Moonset on 8/7 is around 12:45am eastern states and later each following night.

My only experience with EAA is with a mono Watec 120N of the Moon with Saturn occultation, Mars, Jupiter and Omega Centauri which resolved nicely in a TV-101.

I would keep it simple and go visual only and for that extra punch perhaps use a binoviewer if you have one for the Moon. It has plenty of wow factor especially at Gibbous phase as the 3D effect takes viewing the Moon to an extra level.
I'm not 'too' worried about the Moon, it will probably be the first target anyway. Hopefully I will be able to work around it. I've tried visual with some of these people before & I think EAA will be easier.

If they are interested I will be doing mono on the second night and while Ha probably isn't really suited for EAA I wouldn't mind testing a few high gain short exposures using my full setup with ROI set - I love Ha.

Then I can easily move to a few hours of normal imaging.

Cheers.