View Single Post
Old 14-07-2018, 04:11 PM
bluesilver (Peter)

Adaptors for SLR Camera to Telescope

Hi, i finally made up my mind and went ahead and placed an order for a SkyWatcher 10" Dobsonian goto Telescope.
I didn't go over board with accessories as i finally decided just an light shroud, collimator tool, 5mm eyepiece just to get me started and go for there.
Have to say thanks heaps to everyone helping me out with the basic questions.

I am just chasing up some information on Connecting a Camera to the Dobsonian if anyone can help me out again ( sorry )
The camera is a Digital Canon EOS 5DSR SLR Camera
I have done heaps of research on this and no real answer apart from people having focusing issues due to can't get camera closer enough in to get in focus.

I think you can get a adaptor that goes onto the camera and then you unscrew the piece on the Dobsonian and that lets you mout the camera and adaptor straight on.
Basically just this if i am correct.
https://www.opticscentral.com.au/t-m...U#.W0mf5dIzayI
Am i correct so far or completely wrong?
If i want to use a Barlow X2 which i haven't got yet as i wasn't too sure which way to go, how would i get from this mount above to the barlow?
Completely lost here sorry.
Then the next question is possibly a silly one, but can you actually mount an eye piece to this setup also?
Say for instance, i was viewing something and had a Barlow X2 and a 10mm eyepiece, then i decided i might want to take a photo of it, can i connect up to camera to get this photo, sorry if this is an extremely bad description or idea, just kind of interested to hear what anyone thoughts or ideas would be.
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Peter.