View Single Post
Old 28-12-2007, 06:27 AM
iceman's Avatar
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

iceman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Gosford, NSW, Australia
Posts: 36,709
Hi Bob
It sounds like you need a powered firewire hub.
Search for "firewire hub" on IIS and you'll find some recent references by Bird and myself. There's a few around and some on ebay occassionally.

If your laptop doesn't have a firewire port, you'll also need a PCMCIA firewire card.

It is very annoying when you get a new camera and can't use it yet.

I ended up selling my firewire one and getting a USB DMK instead, because I didn't want to need any external power to run it.
Reply With Quote