View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:57 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Jason
Yes the secondary was not centred down the focuser. I never mentioned it was way out. I unscrewed it from the holder, checked the base where the 3 tilt adjustment screws push against the surface to ensure the surface was not to pitted. Then I re installed the secondary, first softly tightening the central mounting screw holding the secondary and looking down the Cheshire at the same time to get close alignment with the focuser tube ( bit of a juggling act ) then carefully tightening/adjusting the tilt screws, but not too tight.Once lined up concentrically I tightened up and then adjusted the primary.After that I checked both secondary and primary with my Orion deluxe laser collimator and found alignment was very close but not perfect.
When I purchased the Orion deluxe collimator over a year ago I fashioned a V block out of 3mm aluminium angle with hardwood base to check the accuracy of collimation of the collimator ( saw this method on a YouTube clip ) Located 4 metres away from my living room wall it proved very accurate rotating it +360deg ( red dot appeared quite stationary)
Martin