View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 07:53 PM
SteveJP (Steve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella_Ben View Post
I have a ASI071MC-Pro as well and was pretty confused by the colour balance at first.

What I ended up doing is to leave the colour balance at 50 in SharpCap for both channels and do all the clibration in PixInsight. This makes the preview in SharpCap look pretty horrible, but I generally just go by the histogram anyway. I also found out that turning off the debayer in SharpCap gave you a better idea of the signal quality.

Same for Flats; leave the balance at default 50. I use a tablet with a white screen to create them and they don't turn out white. I don't think it matters what the colour is. I don't debayer the flats in PI before calibrating (don't think you are supposed to).

I found that PCC is great for this camer as well.
Hi
I've used 50/50 as well, but last time I imaged I used auto colour balance for Sky flats and they came out a nice grey. Your right, you don't debayer before calibration. The only reason I did that was to find our what colour the flat really was in an effort to determine why the colour seemed to affect the calibrated frames. Several people including yourself think the colour of the flat should not matter, so I'm going to have to go back and re-test this. If I find anything interesting, I'll re-post.
Cheers
Steve