View Single Post
Old 26-01-2016, 10:16 AM
casstony

When I sent a dodgy FLT132 objective to WO I made my own packaging out of closed cell foam from the packaging used for a CPC11 scope. I used a bread knife to carve appropriate shapes for the cell leaving space so nothing could press on the glass - ended up being a 12" cube. They sent a new objective back in my packaging and it arrived in good shape.

Perhaps ask WO to ensure there are minimum two inches thickness of bubble wrap on all sides of the objective next time? They are responsible for getting it to you in good shape IMO.

On another note, the new objective I got from WO is close to Tak quality; very much like a TSA120 with another 10mm aperture and slightly faster f/ratio, leaving the colour correction extending less towards the extremes of the spectrum (as observed out of focus) but still no false colour in focus.

So when you finally reach the end of the saga you should have a nice scope, something positive to look forward to. Just keep pushing, but politeness and persistence are key to achieving the desired result I think.