Thread: PEC software
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2014, 11:09 AM
ChrisM
Sandy Ridge Observatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
HI Brett,

Looks like we're following parallel paths here too. I tried in vain to find an update for CCDSoft V5 a few weeks ago after being quite disappointed that the boxed version didn't support the 8300. I couldn't even join the SB site then.

Have just tried again tonight (after first downloading a trial copy of PEMPro and finding that I actually needed CCDSoft to use PEMPro) and was successful at (a) joining the site, (b) registering my software s/n and (c) locating where I could download the latest (v .217) CCDSoft. Quite a win I thought. However with limited download data left this month I'll leave it until after midnight to actually do the download. I am hoping that the latest (and last?) version will support the 8300.

Cheers,
Chris
And furthermore, CCDSoft V5 build v217 downloaded okay last night - all 100 Mb of it - and it does cater for the STT range of SBIG cameras.

I've just had a look through the extensive capabilities of CCDSoft and am now left wondering why Software Bisque has abandoned it. It's officially obsolete and unsupported. Maybe SB is pushing their professional software suite or expecting people to use MaxImDL?

Chris