View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 05:09 PM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I am assuming you are using your ASI1600 camera and a Skywatcher 120mm refractor.

How solid is the focuser? Does it move when you grab it and shove it a bit one way and then the other?

How is your camera connected to the filter wheel? The filter wheel to the focuser or any other item in between?
Thanks so much for your comprehensive post, Greg. Very much appreciate it. I'll do some further analysis to try and work out why I get different results over the course of the night... everything appears tight so I don't know why this is, yet. Great idea re the spark plug feeler gauges and thanks for the tips in diagnosing the tilt, they'll definitely come in handy.

This is indeed the Esprit and the ASI1600 that I'm having issues with.

I've got a Moonlite on the Esprit now. It does have some wiggle, but not a lot, and it requires a reasonable amount of force.

The camera is screwed directly into the filter wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Lee, there are several type of T-thread tilt adjusters on the market, they work like the GSO focuser collination ring but are much smaller obviously. Teleskop-Express have a couple that would suit. With the 1600, the face plate is, well should be, flat and the sensor perpendicular. You might check to make sure the sensor is not raised on one corner, i have not heard of any mounting errors by ZWO but you never know. Good luck
Thanks Glen, fingers crossed it's not the sensor.