View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 01:27 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
You'd be better off buying a Sky Watcher Esprit 150mm than upgrading yours to a triplet
https://www.astronomyalive.com.au/sk...refractor.html

Certainly not cheap but cheaper than most 6" APOs
I saw one in Bintel..in the flesh as it were...magnificent I thought.
I didn't see a 100mm but that's what I am thinking to get if I can stick with my program.
But I may be happy with the eight inch, cheap way out.
I think what I get will be better than I have done before, which was primitive by todays standards, for me its like playing the guitar I am not flash but I enjoy it ... Just capturing the stars that were above the other night was exciting...I had an eleven minute run where the mount was perfect. And I recall that if you got it balanced just right it worked well.

What would be nice is a decent mount with the 80mm the 100 mm and the 150 mm each carry cameras but work in a flip mirror in each so you could take a real peak without removing cameras...I am also thinking an 80mm on eq5 to take on short trip up North but first set up eq6 and see if I can make it portable special trolly so I don't carry that sort of thing..

I would like to see what I can get with this cheap 50 to 200 lens that I picked up with the camera. It can be focused from lap top so that could be fun.
Even thought of using the old lxd 55 mount on a cut down tripod carrying just the camera with the 50/200 and as ruff as that mount is with relatively short exposures you are going to get a lot of good captures umong the bad.
but that mount worked good enough for that approach.
Alex