View Single Post
Old 14-07-2020, 11:26 AM
ZL4PLM (Simon)

Starizona Apex-S Focal Reducer

I am selling my S version of the Starizona Apex focal reducer as I have moved onto an Esprit 100 which needs the L version.

So whats is an Apex-S reducer??

Its a 5 element hi performance focal reducer that takes an f/5.5 apo refractor and becomes an incredibly fast f/3.6 astrograph.

The reduction factor provides a 1.5x wider field of view and shortens exposure times by a factor of 2.4x!

The Apex ED reducer features extra-low disperion glass to eliminate chromatic aberration and to provide sharp star images over a 30mm image circle, capable of working with most popular CCD, CMOS and DSLR cameras up to APS-C format.

The Apex ED reducer fits into a standard 2" focuser. It has M42 T-threads on the camera side, and it can accept a standard 2" (M48) filter on the telescope side for easy use of light-pollution or other filters.

This version includes the 63mm adapter for some scopes that use that size drawer tube or it will fit on a moonlite focuser or on the end of a William Optics manual rotator

The Apex-S has some backfocus needs depending on FL of scope - I had to add a small 3mm T ring extension - I was able to get some pretty decent flat fields after some tuning.

This thing is far better built than the stock Chinese focal reducers using ED glass and 5 elements to create the 0.65 reduction.

https://starizona.com/store/featured...-acf-telecopes

Post free in NZ/AU

$575 AUD - shipping free

Last edited by ZL4PLM; 15-07-2020 at 01:31 PM.