View Single Post
Old 25-03-2021, 10:10 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Help, PHD2 camera and APT main imaging cameras

Last night had a seamless imaging session for 4 or 5 hours
Tonight went through my normal routine for a nights imaging , Goto , frame , focus and set capture plan in APT then connected PHD2 to start guiding and a warning message says bad pixel map and dark library conflict with existing camera. I thought what’s going on , so I check camera in the Brain and the camera pixel is 3.76 uM not 3.75 uM ( my main imaging camera is 3.76uM ) So I disconnected PHD2 and manually changed the camera pixel to 3.75 uM in Camera Brain , connected PHD2 again and checked camera again , again is was 3.76uM ( not 3.75uM )
Shut the computer down and restarted , checked in Device Manager ( imaging Devices ) that both cameras are connected , unplugged each cable individually and they disappeared and reappeared as normal. Updated all camera drivers both ZWO and Ascom as well
If I connect PHD2 by itself the camera pixel remains correct at 3.75uM but as soon as I open APT and connect my imaging camera , the guiding camera defaults to 3.76uM and hence the error message about dark library and bad pixel map conflicting with camera.
When I connect imaging camera in APT I always check in the Ascom chooser box that I have selected the correct camera
Any ideas what could be happening here
First time I’ve ever experienced this problem ????
Thanks in advance