View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Sounds good, Mike.

If I may offer a suggestion? When it comes time for the design of the galleries, can we please, please, please have a neutral grey background, or preferably, a black background?

Viewing /any/ type of image on anything other than neutral grey/black, destroys any shadow detail that may have been present in the image in the first place. The difference is chalk and cheese.

A lot of us, especially landscape photographers, try so hard to preserve and maintain shadow detail in our images; the majority of photography display sites/forums out there, then let the photographer down by using garish colour schemes which just burn the retinas with white.

Cheers.

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Phil that's not what they mean - they mean a flickr group where people hang out and comment on each others pics.

I agree with Ken, people already link to their off-site images if they want to.

I'm not keen on having an official or unofficial IIS group on another photo-hosting account, obviously because it directs traffic and comments away from IIS.

We will be having gallery type features for members here on IIS - it's coming in the near-medium future.

Last edited by Octane; 10-04-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: s/different/difference/