View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:45 AM
RyanJones

As far as the warranty is concerned, I'd make sure that you're not being taken for a ride if the design is not correct. Warrant your workmanship by all means but be careful that is all you are warranting and the materials obviously. If it is made to the specs requested then it's not your responsibility for poor design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonius View Post
There's also something about quality parts - I don't know what it is, but some things when you assemble them they almost screw themselves together the threads are that buttery smooth. Other things rattle, squeal and protest the whole way, even though the threads are correct. I don't know what it is that gives it that lovely smoothness but if you can capture that I think it will go a long way towards building a reputation for quality.
One of the big differences in quality v's cheap machining is the finish of threads. Once cut threads work fine but are bitey and noisy if you run a second cut to remove the tip of the thread and run a cutting compound through the thread after it has been cut 2 or 3 times, it effectively sands the threads smooth giving a much better and smoother result. Also keep the material cold while cutting. If it gets hot, it expands and then when it cools it becomes tight and becomes hard to use.

Good luck with it. Sounds like you're on to a good thing