View Single Post
Old 21-06-2018, 04:36 PM
brenchen

Help me choose: ZWO ASI1600MC Pro or ASI183C Pro?

Thanks to everyone that has helped me in the last post about ZWO vs Altair so I can move forward in my quest to search for my ideal astro camera!

I am now solely focusing on ZWO camera due to accessibility and user feedback. I intend to image DSO on an HEQ5 and a SW Evostar 80ED (600mm). Most of the imaging will be done near a darksite (little bit of light pollution, but not inner suburbs. And I've narrowed it down to ASI1600MC Pro [Edit: ASI294MC Pro seems to be better instead of the 1600MC Pro] and ASI183C Pro.

I like the 4/3" sensor on the 294 and larger pixel size for better image quality, as well as the higher suitability to DS imaging. However, astronomy.tools suggests the ASI183C (1" sensor) is a better pick for clarity and details (or did I mistaken what it said?).

So my question is, what is more important to consider in a camera between the two I mentioned? What should be the determining factor to choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by brenchen; 21-06-2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Realised an extension of the 1600 to be the 294