View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Jen
Moving to Pandora

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBee101 View Post
Hi all,
Got a inquiry for those that use Stellarium to guide their mounts. I have just configured Stellarium to giude my EQ6-R mount, when i pick a target off the comp'(Stellarium)screen enter it into the hand controller the mount will slew straight to the target, when i pick an other target and use ctrl+1 the mount will start and stop,start and stop, slewing for at least 30 seconds or more then it will decide to slew continues to the target, to me this does not seem normal.
Can anybody offer any reasons for this, or is this normal? I have watched Yu Tube vid's on the configuration and there is no hint of this start and stopping.
Rob
@ Stawell
G'day Rob
You might get a better response if you post this question starting a new thread instead of in this beginners thread 👌 But your problem sounds familiar to me when I'm choosing targets near the South Pole. It seems to be a glitch there that annoys the hell out of me I'm not sure if your having this issue all the time or is it just certain targets? And another issue I can have sometime is that my ascom location doesn't match my Stellarium location so check these. Every time I move location from home to snake valley I have this issue it's only taken me a few years to work that out hahahaha I'm on to it now cheers and good luck

Jen