View Single Post
Old 18-10-2018, 12:07 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
Interesting.
Mine is the opposite.
I find the processing tedious but enjoy being next to the telescope seeing the images appear on my screen.
Maybe this is why I mostly do photometry and spectroscopy. The results are immediate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham.hobart View Post
I'm with Terry B about this, though it is nice to see pretty pics and make an annual calender, I enjoy the peaceful part of sitting in my dome with a glass and a scope and watching the skies and the scope and the titillation of the image down load. For me it's become my zen moments- away from work kids and house, under a clear sky, peering into infinity, thinking big concepts. Having a nice pic to show the folks is a bonus.
Graz
Hi Terry & Graz,

I can understand that and I really do enjoy time under dark skies, especially with a few other like-minded individuals to chat with (and share wine & cheese, perhaps) while the scope is whirring away. It's just that I find the capture part becomes fairly mechanical and that processing is more challenging... for me at least.

I guess we're all different. I believe there are actually people who would rather look through an eyepiece

Cheers,
Rick.