Thread: Ngc 2070 hoo
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Pretty spectacular for a scope you are still sorting. I don't see any issues in the image so not sure what the problem is with the scope.

Could do with a bit more saturation is my only comment. Otherwise its a WOW.

Good choice of scope. All the top imagers are using Honders type scopes!!!

Greg.
It's largely masked by shooting on both sides of meridian. The attached plot is taken from 29 drizzled frames from one side of meridian. Although it looks like a tilt issue, this largely remains unchanged even when fiddling with the built in tip/tilt plate.
On arrival one of the bolts that holds the tip/tilt plate in place was very tight and I eventually found out that it shouldn't have been. This is the first image I took after I backed that bolt of 0.6mm to get the backplate within ~100 microns of flat using a digital depth gauge. Before backing off the bottom right corner was just terribly out of focus (maybe 200 microns) compared to the top left corner. Also getting maybe 2% vignetting on the left hand side of the frame and up to 11% on the right.

Having come from two Chinese refractors which had quite good build quality, nothing at all to complain about them, when you get something that just oozes quality in every part of its manufacturing, you cannot help but admire it in the light of day. I also have to say that it is very forgiving to use. Yes it has some teething issues but that doesn't bother me, they're not serious, one bolt tightened that shouldn't have been and what currently appears to be a slight front lens miscollimation after a 12,000km journey through various handlers.

Also have to remember that even the tiniest of issues are made more noticeable at F/3! And people say going from F/5 to F/4 is bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
Oh yes! Lovely to look at Colin. Detail, and a nice use of the palette.
Very nicely done.

Trev
Thanks Trev