View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 12:30 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drylander View Post
Astral traveller its less dangerous than an drunk/unlicensed/unregistered car driver and look at the damage they do and yet you worry about the effect of a small drone?
Pete
2kg is quite a bit. I actually think that even a few grams of metal travelling at sufficient velocity could be quite dangerous. I'm tempted to apply for a govt' grant to develop hand-held devices capable of accelerating bits of metal to high velocities and directing them in a specific direction. All for defensive purposes of course.

In the case of drones though I think the chain of events might be more like drone flies into path of car doing 100kmh; driver swerves to avoid collision ..... <gory details omitted> ... and the road will reopen later tonight. It's not as though I haven't seen unsupervised 8 year olds flying drones. I think drones are a great tool/toy but like all advances in this world they also bring issues. They and there uses are developing so fast that I think CASA are a bit behind the game (what!!?? ... a govt dept behind the game). Under such conditions a tragedy could lead to a massive overreaction of some sort.

I do like your idea though that we shouldn't worry about small issues until the larger issues are completely resolved. Saves me replacing that bald tyre.