View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 PM
coldspace

Here is a couple of unprocessed images of M42 using 2 second and 7 second intergrations, and a shot of the moon taken by a friend and his Mallincam while I was waiting for mine, they work best on deep sky but you can adjust the shutter speed up to 1/12000 of a sec so they work fairly well on lunar and planets but the more dedicated web cam type imagers do a better job at this but for deep sky they are great. Still got alot of learning to do but as you can see M42 core becomes over exposed at 7 seconds, but we have since found out that you can adjust the sensitivity of the the different areas of the chip in the menu so you could capture more exposure time on the outer fainter neb while keeping the sensitivity of the middle region of the chip turned down so the core does not wash out as what happened with the above image. Just waiting for m42 to come back to town to try this feature. I don't have a video converter to display and capture my images yet so I can't show you more but last Thursday night we had good seeing here in Brissy and the Lagoon, Eta, Triffid nebs, Tuc 47, Omega Centaurus and the list goes on were just breathtaking. Cranking up the intergrations to 28 secs we nearly fell off our chairs when the images were displayed, once I get my Imaging source converter in I will start posting some of these to the forum.

Matt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (m42-2s_0001 (2).jpg)
19.6 KB32 views
Click for full-size image (m42-7s_0001 (2).jpg)
23.7 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (moon_0001.jpg)
30.8 KB30 views

Last edited by coldspace; 09-06-2008 at 07:39 PM.