View Single Post
Old 23-10-2019, 04:00 PM
RyanJones

Hi Ed,

I started off with one of these scopes so hopefully I can help. You only have to be pretty approximate with your starting setup towards south. Remember that your scope has quite a long focal length for its size at 1350mm so hoping that you’re going to get octans in the field of view manually is probably going to end in frustration. Thankfully your hand controller is there to help. If you get it setup reasonably close to south ( as good as you can with your compass on true south ). Do a 2 star alignment. Then pick one of your two stars you used for alignment and slew to it. Then you’ll find in your menus a thing called align mount. Select that and it will take you through a process where it will move away from the star you had centered and you adjust both the elevation of your wedge and physically move the tripod to bring it back to the star being centered without using the hand controller. If you’re planning on using it for photography then it is recommended you do this every time you setup. However if it’s just for goto accuracy you can mark a point on the elevation rod and 3 marks where your tripod legs go on the surface you have it sitting on and every time you setup you can put it back in the same spot.

I hope this helps

Ryan