View Single Post
Old 31-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

I'd be very interested to see what you come up with Alex.. I have a lot more research to do in this area & necessity is always the mother of invention...

Please share whatever design concepts you come up with, one for the benefit of all (which I know you are always generous about) & two, because you might get some useful critique & feedback taht enables you to improve upon your design.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I am working up a design to house my Nikon d5500 with a 50 mm lens for some wide field with the Milky Way and LMC and SMC ...
I have thought about condensation ..I will put in some thing to take water out of the air and back off if that does not work☺ my idea us a flexible box made out of the insulation material I bought today.
I am not expecting much but on these hot nights it must help...but there are other areas that I can attend to like spacing capture 30 secinds apart...There may be an advantage there even if small...locating the camera battery away from the camera is what I am trying to sort now.
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
But to answer your question before some one who knows what they are talking about...go for it but consider the bagging approach simply because you should be able to control moisture that way..you make sure you can eliminate dew somehow.
Alex