View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Howard (Howard)

Sent a pm to Mike Salway re setting up a forum for EAA ... no rules re exposure times and number stacked ... just simple single rule ... if you use an elec device to view an image processed however you like out in-field at the time of observing with absolutely no tweaking of the image done after you pack up the observing session ... its EAA.
I feel that those who hate waiting for half an hour while 20 x 120 sec frames stack and reckon its imaging not EAA ... just don't read the posts by those who do! And those who do like that quality dont bother reading the posts by those who like 30 x 5sec shots or 5 x15sec. Waiting to hear a reply from Mike.
BTW ... link below to my latest HD vid of desktop showing live single 15 and 30 sec EAA using DSLR and AstroToaster at dark site. I tend to not watch forums much so if you have questions, I think by watching and pausing and digesting the info in the video you'll see the EOS settings, and the AstroToaster settings, and the advice re focal ratio so it will work for you. And if you need more info Google is your friend!
https://youtu.be/85CYhrOU6WU