View Single Post
Old 16-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Whizgig (Eugene)
Galaxy Gazer

Smile

Hi All, thanks for you replies and your help I have worked it out now after much reading and searching the net trying to find something about how to set the RA/DE circles which is a hard thing to find in fact its impossible to find anything!
But I worked it out after down loading and installing the Stellarium program and setting it up for EQ grid lines.
So this is what I have worked out so far after setting up the tripod to be level and the south leg set at 11 deg east of south I then set up the mount so the weight rod is in line and centred with the south leg.
Then I set the azimuth to my Latitude which is 38deg and that should line me up with the SCP now I put on the scope and line it up so it is along the same south line for the south leg ect. I then set the RA to 90 deg now I pick a good star that is bright then line it up in the telescope so it is in the center of the scope, then I look on the software and set the RA/DE to the same cords as the software for that star. Then I can now pick a star on the chart and turn the scope to the same cord for RA/DE and is should be within reson cose to the center of the scope I hope.

Ok now that I have stoped rambling on As for the telescope I brought it off EBay and its possible not very good but it will do till I get a good one.
Here is a link to the one I brought her http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=230285774233

Eugene.