View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 04:49 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronobob View Post
Yes Thnx Ray, I know of them but dont use them, because they are rather expensive, a few hundred for something/s worth a couple/few Grand is well worth it. But I have just quote estimated pack & send for this scope to Sydney cost just as much as the scope ? see attached !
I have used Couriers-Please, they have a depot or two in each major city & i have sent another scope exactly like this one some yrs ago to Melbourne for only $100 give take 10
Prob with them now is I can not get a quote online as you have to be registered business & online member, its a pita travelling & taking gear to them 'packed' for a quote when an interested person asks, then changes mind.
Kind Rgds eh
Try e-Go, I have sent & received several scopes with them as well as guitars (not in hard cases) & so far (touch wood) all delivered safely. They do not insure glass.. in fact, I don't think anyone does except Pack & Send which, is why they are so expensive.. Can do online quotes....

Examples: 7" Intes Sydney to Cairns = $100
9.25" SCT in JMI hardcase Cairns to Melb = $150

You can choose depot to depot (save 30%), depot to door/door to depot (save 15%) or door to door, plenty of choices..

Anyways, just an alternative for you since Couriers-Please is nolonger an online option for you...