View Single Post
Old 27-07-2019, 07:38 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Today's progress.

A monumental achievement for me...just now finished in the dark. I left it until dark cause I did not want the neighbours to think I was crazy.

In the cube I built a cement pier which I thought if I can get it out of there and somehow lift it over the balcony and throw it over and somehow lift it into the car that will be one less pier to build up North...I forgot that I had not only bolted it down but put it on wet concrete when I put it in...so when I removed the nuts it still would not move.

Fortunately only this morning I found a couple of steel wedges that I forgot that I had and so hammered these and got it separated from the patio.. I was then able to drag it to the other end of the patio where I figured I could probably lift it over and drop it one storey on some plants that would cushion the fall...but I could not lift it and safely drop it as given its weight it was probable it could bounce and damage something...it had so much steel in it I was not worried that it would be damaged but bouncing could have it hit something or cartwheel down the drive even being square that was a concern....so I fashioned a ramp and attached two ropes to the pier to drag it up the ramp..when at the top of the ramp I tied it off with only a foot between where they were tied off and the top of the rail...edged it off the ramp and balanced it on the rail and edged it over holding on so if fell slower..only a foot..enough to not rip the rail out..the rail took it that way and then by easing off on one rope and then the other I was able to slowly and safely lower it to the ground...

I am so happy and hope the ramp idea enables me to get it into the car..I don't know how I will get it out when I get it up North but maybe a couple of ropes up some trees and a little winch (turffer) I picked up at Lismore car boot markets for $15 will justify such a huge investment.

If I remember in the morning I will get some photos but it sure would have been great to have recorded the event on video.

Also I managed to get the EQ6 down the stairs without it being in a box..in a box I can slide things slowly but I managed to sling it under one arm and use the other to hold the rail...it was slow and painful but I did it... for me this was also a big event.

I can't believe I managed to do it all with relative ease.

Alex

Photos.
Alex

I got it into the car but I nearly died..I have been hours trying to recover...but it's in ready to go.
Alex

All loaded ready for the next step..cutting some trees...I have cut down a few..enough to realise it's really a big deal..and I know how to drop them but still dropped three iron barks in the dam...so also loaded is heaps of rope so the newly acquired van does not fall victim.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20190728_082540_resize_80.jpg)
128.6 KB92 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20190728_082459_resize_75.jpg)
130.2 KB234 views

Last edited by RB; 08-10-2019 at 08:40 PM.