View Single Post
Old 14-05-2016, 02:06 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I have a camera which has a couple of minor columns that form a dark line vertically. These are quite common with CCD cameras.

I use CCDstack for calibration. Mostly these just dark subtract out but I am finding sometimes they persist.

Has anyone got some advice about best practice to remove these? CCDstack has a bad pixel map function which I used briefly yesterday and it did not seem very user friendly or effective.

Greg.
Hi Greg, are you using an OSC or mono? Process is a little different.

To make a bad pixel map in CCD Stack, load one sub, a 20min or longer exposure dark frame. Open the bad pixel map dialogue box, click on create map, then go to the reject range algo in the rejection standard drop down menu. Select a range to reject until you paint all the hot pixels and your column as well. When you're happy with the map, enter a name and save it. I usually use the name of the camera and a timestamp like <camera>_20160514 . To apply the map, load your sub then apply it. Tick the box to set the painted pixel to 0. Next step is to interpolate those pixels as they're all black in your sub. Then you're done. You might want to redo your map every 6 months or so, like your dark library. PixInsight has a cosmetic correction process that will do the same.