View Single Post
Old 21-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Damienandwendy (Damien)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotts Vlog View Post
I remember when spam was just a can of meat. I bet that $200 scope would have been awesome with that Panoptic driving it. I do admit that some of the cheaper scopes would've had problems balancing a heavy eyepiece. Thanks For the Feedback.
I have no doubt that a $300 EP would improve the view through either of my two cheap scopes. After having spent nearly $900 on the scopes and the associated hardware, a single $300 EP is definitely out of reach on my budget. I almost had to sell one of the family jewels to convince the wife that $900 wasn't too much.

I guess there must be a lot of beginners out there with lots of cash to splash around.

Edit : as your video is comparing a single EP vs a set, the point is fairly moot for me as I can't afford either, but I would be still inclined to go for a couple of cheap EP's to give me an idea of what my scopes can do rather than narrow my options down to a single purchase which may be a waste of money if I lose interest in six months time. On the flip side, buying an expensive EP is an investment which can be used on future scopes.

cheers

Damien

Last edited by Damienandwendy; 21-08-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: extra clarification