View Single Post
Old 20-02-2013, 11:07 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunama View Post

I have heard the history of your scope and spoken to previous owners and, yes, it deserves a forever home. I would have bought one but none came up for sale, I even emailed Melinda about that one but you got to it just in time.

(I don't know that you have actually posted a pic of it though ...........)
Matt - I'll probably do a photo or two today - want to get the rig out to change a few things. Don't like the guidescope arrangement on it (got some differential flexure last time out) and will likely change the guidescope over to a 60mm Tasco refractor I got from Lars (makes the whole set ex-Lars ) that I had some custom aluminium bits made for (tube rings, 0.965" to 1.25" adapter etc).

Love the scope immensely. Even though I currently am hunting for a larger aperture faster refractor that meets the expectations I want, I will ALWAYS keep the FL102 because, simply put, it delivers the BEST visual image I have EVER seen in ANY scope - better than the couple Taks I have looked through of comparable aperture - better contrast and definition, and literally SNAPS into focus - no gradual focus - it's in focus or it isn't. It works JUST FINE imaging too, though even with a focal reducer, it is still a little slow (I use an AX103 reducer on it now, and that makes it a touch over f/6.Would like to make it f/5 if possible, but doubt it without surgery, which I will NOT do)

Last edited by LewisM; 20-02-2013 at 02:37 PM.