View Single Post
Old 21-05-2012, 03:14 PM
TrevorW

QHY 8 OSc and DSS

I've have doubts about my camera which is not quite 2 years old now for a few months.

Recently I had issues about a light band appearing in the top of images, the supplier stuffed DARK foam around the CCD chip to block stray light which seems to have worked.

My gain and offset are set at 3 and 117 yet when stacking images in Deep Sky Stacker (DSS) (around 9 minutes per sub) I end up with a virtually white screen (no detail visible) and no colour showing in the histogram. Apparently this is usual with DSS

After processing in Photoshop the image appears flat and dull, the colour is there after levels etc stretching and saturation adjustment etc.

When I first got the camera I had no issue when stacking images in DSS. Now I have to set the Bayer matrix in DSS at brightness set on 5 for it to register any stars in the image which does not seem normal

A recent image was taken at F9 no reducer. I would have expected more stars to appear in the image because of the length of exposure for each sub and total time stacked image

Anyone with any idea what may be going wrong, thanks