Thread: D850 specs leak
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 09:38 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
I've been contemplating a switch, David.

But, you know what, after thinking long and hard about it for the last week or so, I think I'm just going to stick with Canon. Canon's colour science is far ahead of Sony/Nikon. And, I'm not shooting as much now as I used to, anyway. I never ended up pursuing my dream of teaching landscape photography workshops. That, and, I've gotten used to a very straight-forward workflow using the Canon software.

Maybe it might be nice to have both systems? But, that's a lot of money sitting in one place!

H
Canon colour may have been better in the past but I think Sony has caught up or past it recently with the A9 which has the latest Sony colour science.
I did a blind test between 1DX2, Sony A9 and Nikon D5. I had the A9 as the best and 1Dx2 not far behind. To my eye the Nikon was easily the worst and was a distant last (yellow/green cast or skin tones too brown).

So I am not sure that is still the case that Canon is the best. They have been the leaders for a long time but I think they are becoming complacent and they cripple their models way too hard to protect the model hierarchy.

Greg.