View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 12:09 PM
JohnF (John)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Damn it...initial observations tell me that the eight inch won't work in this set up as the thing is not wide enough...the cube in Sydney was oriented with the diagonal lined up North South which gives room for the eight..I just did not think it through...So the options seem to be..leave the eight out and bring up the cube for it up here, or rotate the whole thing 90 degrees which although seemingly impossible can be done with rollers and rails...or partly dismantle it and widen it .... Anyways the 80 mm should fit although I will set it up another night too tired too disheartened at the moment..before I do anything I will bring the eight up and set the eight up and see just what I am working with....Great night here and doing some widefield but the dew is as expected very heavy and I don't think the fire will help...also more trees need to come down as I can't see the Southern cross which is a surprise..I love surprises...yes I love surprises and problems as they can only help build ones character.
It feels better writing it down for some reason.
Look at everything that has gone right and don't let the minor set backs ruin your day...beats talking to myself...arrrrrggghhh
Alex
Compass should give you south -- take into account the difference between Tru south and magnetic south. An Angle of the south Celestial pole could possibly be done with a protractor and spirit level.