View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 05:16 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have not been well so I have not done one tenth of the things I had planned this trip.
However..designed the pier and assembled the materials which I will take back to Sydney and build most of it there.
Dug the holes for both piers and although they could be deeper think they will do after all I work with short focal lengths .. highest, the eight inch, is only 1000mm and with pole master now finding a tiny window thru the trees I can call the holes dug...I have still to drive in the star pickets and still have to cut another four..so getting very close.

Over the last couple of days I have cleaned up the annex which was a junk pile to look at assembled a set of shelves installed two small tables and removed stuff that is no longer needed..petrol chain saw various tools all the art gear...so it looks great and is functional to do small jobs.

Also went and got the fire pump that supplied the house dam water which I un necessarily replaced thinking it did not pump..it did... so the payoff is I now have a dedicated fire pump...needed inlet hoses and fire fighting hose and today put it in position fitted everything, what a job, one of those things that should be real simple but it took me a couple of hours..and it was so hot..a big bonus was I was separated from the dam by a barb wire fence but I had to cut away a section to position the pump so now I can walk down to the dam and cool my feet..there is a little jetty that needs some work but I t will be really nice to sit on late afternoon...I just now finished the fire pump set up filled it with petrol but was too tired to pull the starter..I have to be careful doing that because of the back ..so I have poured some petrol into the air cleaner and after I feel rested will give it three pulls..if it starts I will happy and will soak the place cause there are fires to my West and there is a Westerly wind blowing..two firesI think..lots of smoke..but if it does not start I am finished for the day...maybe when I know whats going on with the fires I will become more motivated but now I am dead beat..
My big problem is this van needs air conditioning and I need something under 2000 watts else I will have to bring in the 5 kva and it's a thirsty unit plus not sine wave..probably just need to forget about it really..just now put in a 240 volt fan and painted all the exposed windows white which helps but it was still 35 degrees...don't want to get heat stroke again ...so cooling is a difficult problem for me...I have some ideas but they will have to wait for my next attack on the to do list.
Alex

8 pulls ...did not start damn it..now I will be on a mission until I get it to go...I wish I finished earlier now I will be removing the spark plug in the dark..And I certainly hope it's not the carby..could be dirt in the main jet as it's been sitting idle for a while crud accumulates and before you know it..I will do a couple more pulls later but I will find a spark plug spanner to see what the plug has to tell me after that ..the plug will tell me what's wrong...but I really need to work out how to put on an electric starter this cord nonsense is uncivilized...anyways done that sort of thing before..its just another thing for the todo list. Still so hot.
Alex

Here is a snap of the object of my attention.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20190907170426_compress24.jpg)
221.0 KB138 views

Last edited by RB; 08-10-2019 at 08:38 PM.