View Single Post
Old 23-05-2011, 01:10 PM
overlord (Charles)
Saturn Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchmo View Post
Actually, I majored in History and Philosophy of Science and I read widely on the history of astrology as part of my courses. Your whole tone and language doesn't strike me as someone with any real background in academic discipline and critical thinking.

What reaction do you expect to get trolling an astronomy forum ? Its a bit like cruising in to South Australian waters in seal breeding season , tipping a bucket of burley in to the water then jumping in and complaining you are getting bitten by Great White sharks.
LOL How am I a troll for responding to an astrology thread trashing astrology? .... with astrology? And you respond with what.... ASTROLOGY IS WRONG. AGREE OR YOU ARE A TROLL. I KNOW COS I NEVER READ ANYTHING REGARDING IT AND COS SOMEONE SAID SO AND COS 'EVERYONE KNOWS'. umm no thanks. That is NOT convincing. That is not scientific.

U have NOT responded to my point that the sun is not in the center of the solar system when the planet line up because you can't and keep your religious belief system in tact. I would LOVE you to respond to that but you would rather insult. lol. this is science? Um, no. If you want to participate in scientific discussion then I would like to see some science.

Where? EXACTLY do I read that astrology has been disproven? How was it disproven? When did it happen? Am I hitting my head against a brick wall? Let me remind you that this thread is about ASTROLOGY, LOL.

What, i'm supposed to AGREE? with some unsubstantiated insult? LOL! From someone with no education in astrology? Like that's gonna happen, LOL! There are books written every year by professors in academic institutions on the effect of planetary bodies in modifying the sun and this is .... superstition? Ah excuse me but I don't like reading that rubbish! Thank you!

Oh, the sun moves out of the center of the solar system cos it's being superstitious?! UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM