View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Peter.M

Face fleeing flame

Hi guys after my last images having horrible guiding I went out last night with determination to capture something with perfect guiding. The moon is still being pesky so Hydrogen alpha Nitrogen emmission included(I Had to say as a ICP Chemist ) was the go. I got my mount aligned with alignmaster, and selected my target NGC 3324 part of the carina complex.

My first impressions of the guiding graph were good. The autoguiders image scale through my OAG is 1.34 arc seconds per pixel, and the graph was not leaving the 1 pixel wide lines.

I named the image Face fleeing flame as the semi-circular nebulosity is supposed to look like the silhouette of a face, and the left side of the frame is almost like a bushfire flame.

My image scale is 1.39 arc seconds per pixel and this is 12 15 minute exposures at -25 degrees. I still have some issues with coma in the corners which looks worse than usual in this image I suspect due to the cluster in the top right drawing your eyes to the problem more than usual. This is something that I am still working on.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Ngc3324.jpg)
166.8 KB42 views