View Single Post
Old 23-02-2017, 05:21 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

JA

Thanks for the response. I have looked at a screen for my nikon but its yet another thing to go wrong and expense i cant afford. I have a kickstarter gadget that gives me controls and live view on my phone but again with only one arm its not entirely practical for me and the stupid clipon phone holder arm I bought cant even hold itself up on the tripod leg.

Its a difficult situation, and I do have tons of great gear here gathering dust. So I try to find ways to enjoy my hobby with the gear I've got. If I had the money I may have been tempted to switch to a dedicated modded-Canon setup. I never thought a clip in filter would ever exist and I'm astounded at the improvement it makes without much sacrifice so I'm still on a bit of a high. Rain is forecast this weekend (sorry Canberra) but I look forward to reshooting the carina nebula while its in a good position for me.

Until now all my gains have been with my processing workflow, I'd thought hardware improvement not feasible for me, so just when you think the hobby is beyond you, you find a way.