View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 PM
2stroke (Jay)
The devil's advocate

Black Diamond scopes arn't all ED buddy, i think you need to learn your facts. Black diamond its just a name they use simple as that, it was given because they upgrade there product line with crayford focuser's and painted there scopes in black and white. Andrews are straight forward with there products and prices, it just idiots that don't know what there buying. Andrews are much better then bintel and have a much larger range, on top of that they have much better service then bintel.

The LX80 probably won't hit us till xmas, also atm there have being a lot of issues as always with meade. The LX800 requires a re-grease because meade have choosen sticky crap again :/ Also there has being a couple of people finding mounts not correctly assembled, loose bolts ect. There's alot more but if you do your home work you will find out, I love meade but they just can't compete against the Chinese built sky-watcher GEMS for bang for buck.

Myself and my wife have chosen to buy a HEQ5 due to limit funds this year, they offer the same high resolution stepper motors as the eq6 though there weight capacity is less. We plan to run a 8" newt with guiding gear and dlsr and a ED100 combo when targets suit the refactor best. The true key to using a HEQ5 is perfect balance though even with that we will be pushing it with the newt on it. If you have the money go a eq6, the only down side of the eq6 is the weight if you have to go moving it about.